Clang Power Tools 2.7
February 8, 2018
- Save all projects before running clang compile/tidy.
Treat additional includes asoption was not loaded from the settings file.
- The toolbar was hidden on the first install.
- Source files / headers not detected when specified in property sheets.
Clang Power Tools 2.6
January 29, 2018
Until now, we’ve used the
%INCLUDE% environment variable for setting clang include directories.
That was equivalent to using
-isystem for each directory.
Unfortunately, this caused headers included relative to those include directories to be ignored when running compiling/tidying because they were treated as system headers.
Having this brought to our attention, going forward we will use
-isystem to pass include
directories to clang, with the following defaults:
- include directories passed using
- additional include directories passed using
Q: What does this mean?
A: You’ll most likely see new warnings when compiling or tidying your code-base.
Q: Will my build fail?
A: Only if you have specified
-Werror (treat warnings as errors).
Q: What should I do?
A: - Make sure to include third party library dependencies via the Include directories project option. Additional include directories should point only to code you can modernize.
- Resolve remaining warnings related to your code.
Q: Can I use ClangPowerTools using the old behavior?
A: Yes. We’ve added, for compatibility reasons, a UI option that allows clang to treat additional includes as system headers. Keep in mind this means we will potentially miss some of your headers when calling clang.
You may want to use this option if using
-Werror (treating warnings as errors) until you’ve
reorganized your includes, since any new warnings will break your build.
Q: What about the continuous integration script (clang-build.ps1)?
A: You can specify the
-treat-sai switch and it will have the old behavior.
- Additional includes are now treated as regular includes using
- Crash when using preprocessor definitions containing double quotes
- Wild card project file includes were not recognized
- Tooling detection did not work on Visual Studio pre-release versions
Clang Power Tools 2.5.1
January 17, 2018
- Fixed the unexpectedly Visual Studio session ending.
Clang Power Tools 2.5
January 12, 2018
- Automatically show toolbar on the first time install.
- Fixed errors detection.
- Fixed commands execution when the project contains more files with the same name.
- Crash when multiple SKUs of Visual Studio 2017 installed simultaneously.
- Google.Test Nuget packages not working.
Clang Power Tools 2.4.1
December 28, 2017
- Regression in 2.4.0 preventing use of clang-tidy on header files.
Clang Power Tools 2.4
December 21, 2017
- Configurable header-filter for tidy-fix.
- Option to run clang-tidy only on cpp-corresponding headers.
<Choose>project elements were not loaded.
- Same-file appended project settings caused crash.
- Wildcard-named property sheets were not loaded.
Clang Power Tools 2.3
December 13, 2017
- Tidy operation mode: ability to switch between explicitly specified tidy checks and .clang-tidy configuration files.
- Use PCH for clang-tidy workflow.
- Could not property detect C++17 standard from project.
- Project parse issues for MsBuild string member function calls.
- Files with extensions other than .cpp were not compiled from VS.
HasTrailingSlashMsBuild function was not recognized.
Clang Power Tools 2.2
December 11, 2017
- Fixed the saving for user configurations from option pages.
- Increased the number of compilable file types. Now supporting: .c , .cpp , .cc , .cxx , .c++ , .cp
- Could not be used in VS 2015 (regression in v2.1).
- Could not create PCH when using forced includes and stdafx.cpp did not manually include stdafx.h.
- Could not handle multiple MSVC versions found in the same VS installation.
- Project load error when a project condition contained more than one call to MSBuild
-header-filterflag was sometimes behaving incorrectly, ignored header files.
Clang Power Tools 2.1
December 7, 2017
- Possibility to abort clang compile and clang tidy commands.
- Eliminated delay caused by .sln and .vcxproj file scanning.
- Create PCH only for more than 2 cpps.
- Detect C++ standard automatically from project. Default to C++14 if not set.
- Environment variables were not used when evaluating MsBuild expressions.
- MsBuild expressions didn’t work when starting with ! operator.
- ForcedIncludes for clang compile were not working, regression in v2.0.
- ForcedIncludes were not taken into account for clang-tidy.
- Project > IncludePath was not taken into account for include directories.
- Error occured when include directories contained empty values.
- Fixed PCH crash when using Visual Studio 15.5 STL libraries (mscver 14.12.25827).
- Fixed the commands execution for default console application.
Clang Power Tools 2.0
November 26, 2017
- Fully evaluate MsBuild conditions for project and property sheet XML data.
- XML nodes with conditions evaluated to false are ignored.
- Project settings can now reference:
- User defined macros
- e.g. $(MY_MACRO_DIR)\bin$(MY_MACRO_FILE)
- Build-in macros:
- $(VisualStudioVersion), $(ProjectDir), $(SolutionDir), $(Platform), $(Configuration), $(MSBuildProjectName), $(MSBuildProjectFullPath), $(MSBuildProjectDirectory), $(MSBuildThisFile), $(MSBuildThisFileName), $(MSBuildThisFileFullPath), $(MSBuildThisFileDirectory), $(MSBuildProgramFiles32).
- .NET expressions
- e.g. $([System.DateTime]::Now.ToString(“yyyy.MM.dd”))
- User defined macros
- Detect property sheets included in Directory.Build.props.
- Automatically detect the project solution file.
Clang Power Tools 1.7.1
November 20, 2017
- Fixed the support for
Track Active Item in Solution Explorerset to
Clang Power Tools 1.7
November 16, 2017
- Added support for
Track Active Item in Solution Exploreroption set to
- Verbose-Mode now logs
- Fixed the
user settings saving.
- Fixed the script execution for clang-tidy options.
Clang Power Toolsabove the
Clang Power Tools 1.6
November 9, 2017
- Improved handling of project value separator.
- Used the active project configuration.
- Fixed the commands launching from file tab.
- Fixed the default tidy settings page.
- Fixed the cleaning of all messages from Error tab when a command begins.
Clang Power Tools 1.5.1
November 3rd, 2017
- Created dedicated option page for tidy checks.
- Provided better defaults for “Tidy Checks” dialog.
- Fixed script building for tidy checks.
Clang Power Tools 1.5
November 1st, 2017
- Generalized property sheet usage for project data retrieval.
- Detect auto property sheets (Directory.Build.props). Merging not supported.
- Detect property sheets included indirectly, through other property sheets.
- Automatically detect the first project configuration platform.
Clang Power Tools 1.4
October 27, 2017
- Added verbose mode in settings.
- Created Clang Power Tools toolbar.
- Fixed logical core count detection on systems with more than one physical CPU.
- Disabled the commands when another command is running.
- Fixed MSCVER detection bug when VS is not installed in default location.
- Added WinSDKVer defaults for when not mentioned in project.
- Fixed error message when project does not include force include files.
Clang Power Tools 1.3.1
October 23, 2017
- Allow the path to include any non-whitespace character.
- Added support for project-specific force include files.
- Added support for Win 8/8.1 SDKs.
- Fix typo preventing detection of VS2015 install location.
- Fixed crash when project has no files to compile.
Clang Power Tools 1.3
October 19, 2017
- Added support for ignoring specific files.
- Added support for treating warnings as errors.
- Detect Visual Studio 2015 / 2017 custom installation paths.
- Enabled compilation for all files included in the Vcxproj
- Fixed project detection when the project name from UI is different of the project name on the disk.
- Prevents the Output window from stealing the focus.
- Fixed the detection for modified files after clang tidy fix.
- Fixed the “Project To Ignore” option.
Clang Power Tools 1.2
October 13, 2017
- Added clang warnings and messages with line navigation in both output pane and error list.
- Included clang notification(errors, warnings, messages) in Build Only category.
- Formatted clang output.
- Fixed clang error detection algorithm.
- Fixed clang errors line navigation from output pane.
- Fixed the vsix installer detection for VS2017.
Clang Power Tools 1.1
October 8, 2017
- Support for Visual Studio 2015.
- Open the modified files after clang tidy format command.
- Suppress the reload popup shown by the Visual Studio.
- Integrated -quiet in the same way as other clag flags.
- Generalized PCH support for more than stdafx.h.
- Clean the output and errors before a new command and build action.
- Fixed the include directories option.
- Fixed error detection for error list.
- Fixed LLVM detection mechanism from Visual Studio Extension.
- Switched to -fix-errors when calling clang-tidy.
- Removed restriction to CPP files when looking for ClCompile entries.
- Fixed compilation when vcxproj has both 32 and 64 bit platform configrations.
Clang Power Tools 1.0.1
September 30, 2017
- Automatically detect clang installation folder.
- Support for projects without PCH/stdafx.
- Fixed navigation to clang error in code editor.
- Fixed clang error parse algorithm.
- Fixed detection when lightweight solution load is enabled.
Clang Power Tools 1.0
September 27, 2017
First official release.